When you play at the online casino you have many options for poker gambling entertainment including classic poker and games with 21st century high-tech elements. The Texas Hold ‘Em game is one of the most popular and is available online for a genuine Texas adventure of poker fun and excitement.
Background of Poker
Poker is one of the most popular games at the casino. Historians can date it back to the middle ages when the French played their games of poque but many researchers believe that it’s actually derived from the ancient Persian game of As Nas. In the 19th century it developed a reputation as a game played by wild ranchers and settlers who were venturing into America’s Western frontier and enjoyed playing the game during the long nights on the prairie. They enjoyed playing a game whose basic strategy combined with psychological complexities where skill, wits and strategies are pitted against good old-fashioned luck.
Over the years, variations of the original poker game have evolved. One of the most well-loved is the Texas Hold ‘Em variation. Historians are unclear about how the game developed but the American State of Texas takes credit for the game and the Texas legislature has officially named Robstown, Texas as the birthplace of Texas Hold ‘Em. The game has undergone changes over the years but it’s still one of the most requested poker variations at casinos throughout the world.
Texas Hold ‘Em
Many people prefer the Texas Hold ’em Poker game because, they say, it’s a more complex game and thus is more challenging. There are some important differences between Texas Holdem and a classic 5 card draw poker.
- There’s more information in Texas Holdem. In Texas Holdem you have more information at your fingertips so you can make more strategic decisions. You may not know what your opponent’s 2 initial cards are but you are all sharing the community cards so you know what he has to work with. By knowing what the community cards are you can determine which plays are possible (for instance, you’ll be able to see if a straight or flush would even be possible).
- You have the opportunity to refine and reduce your opponant’s opportunities. Since there are four rounds of betting (preflop, flop, turn and river) you’ll be able to reduce and refine the range of cards that your opponent might hold.
- You rely on skill more than luck. Classic five-card draw is a more luck-dependent game than Texas Holdem . In the Classic 5-Card Draw poker you simply discard cards that you don´t want and hope for better cards to come. In Texas Holdem it’s easier to read your opponent’s hand. In Texas Hold ‘Em poker
How to Play Texas Holdem Online
Learn how to play Texas Hold ‘Em online and prepare for a fun-filled poker experience.
- Deal Players are dealt two private “pocket cards” or “hole cards.”
- Bet Everyone bets
- The Flop Three Community cards are dealt, face up. This is known as “The Flop”
- Bet Everyone bets a second time
- The Turn a fourth community card is dealt, face up
- Bet Everyone bets a third time
- The River a fifth community card is dealt, face up
- Bet Everyone bets for the fourth time
- Showdown Each player creates the best five-card hand possible from their two pocket cards and the community cards.
- Win The player who has created the highest-valued hand wins.